Re: reasonable length of time before bugs in bugzilla database are addressed

On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> There are several bugs in the Bugzilla database that have had no
> response in several weeks.
>
> The Change Process doesn't have anything related to bugs that haven't
> had a response. Would it reasonable to expect that if a bug has not
> had any response within two months, that the bug filer can ask that
> the bug be promoted to an issue?

We have a bit of a bug backlog right now, due to TPAC, Ian being on
vacation for a while, and Ian spending some time to update the WebApps
specs that were split from HTML5 a while back.

I have asked him to make a dent in some of the HTML5 bug backlog and
he has started doing so. He also told me he believes he can spend the
first week of January to process any bugs that are left, and get the
list down to 0 at that time.

This seems reasonable to me, given that there are hundreds of bugs to
process.

I would rather not have people raise tracker issues until we know
there is actually a point of disagreement.

Regards,
Maciej