Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> > I have updated the counter-proposal located on the ESW Wiki at
> > http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ChangeProposals/KeepMicrodata .
>
> "If Microdata were to be split from the HTML spec, it is possible that
> control of it would move to a separate working group, which would move
> part of HTML's development out of the hands of the working group
> chartered to develop HTML."
>
> How so, without the HTML WG agreeing to that?

This was a point Shelley brought up, I believe:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0189.html

Since nobody questioned it when Shelley suggested it, I presumed it was a
good argument and suggested to Tab that it might be worth taking her
suggestion into account.