Re: http content type authoritative for object data?

On 12/9/09 5:54 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> This is incorrect. In the Firefox 3.0 development cycle we tried to
> change our implementation to match HTML 4, but had to revert due to
> breaking websites.

To be clear, Firefox 2.0 and earlier always gave @type priority over the
Content-Type header.  We tried to change this to match HTML4, as Jonas
says, and ran into a whole slew of site compatibility issues that we
then spent a fair amount of time resolving, mostly by going back to the
old behavior in certain special cases...

-Boris