Re: Change Proposals and FPWD Resolutions

Krzysztof MaczyƄski wrote:
> I'd like to ask you to reconsider this. Without it the
> Change Proposal uses convincing arguments and may appeal
> to people who want Microdata published separately as
> well as those who believe it's better not to publish a
> public spec at this time.

Hi Krzysztof,

You make a good point. I'm uncertain of the number of people that hold
your viewpoint, although that is not to say that you're wrong - just
that I don't know what the reality of the situation is currently. My
intent was to ensure that Microdata continues to be worked. I'm averse
to giving the impression that we're prematurely tabling this particular
technology.

Do you think that having another straw poll option would be productive?
So the choices would be:

1. [ ] Adopt ISSUE-76 Change Proposal with no changes - split out
       Microdata.
2. [ ] Adopt ISSUE-76 Change Proposal, with one change - do not publish
       HTML+Microdata FPWD.
3. [ ] Adopt ISSUE-76 Counter Proposal - do not split out Microdata.

Chairs, would you be willing to add option #2 to the upcoming straw poll?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.2 Launched - The Legal P2P Music Network
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/11/30/bitmunk-3-2-launched/