Re: Splitting HTML from the HTML DOM (was Re: Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
> But can you see the spiraling effect of this? Look at our emails --
> never ending emails will then transform into never ending change and
> counter-change proposals.

It's much less obvious in emails, which are separated both logically
and temporally, when people are repeating themselves.  It's easy to do
so by accident, and if someone is doing so maliciously, it can still
be hard to actually pin down.

On the other hand, change proposals are single documents.  It's much
easier to see when someone repeats themself within the space of a
page, and won't trigger our brain's inherent "more repeats = more
truth" bias as hard.

~TJ