Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:21:41 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson, Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:46:25 +0000 (UTC):

>> Microdata doesn't need to be in the spec [...]
>
> Microdata "needs" to be part of HTML5 because it is part of the language.
> Taking Microdata out of HTML5 makes about as much sense as taking out
> <h1>, <p>, or title="", IMHO.

This may well be true for you, as the editor.

However, your solution to Larry Masinter's DOCTYPE proposal was that
those in need of another doctype, could manage it on their own by
writing their own addition to the spec.

We not lead the way and show how extensions to HTML 5 should be written?
--
leif halvard silli