Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:

> OK, I'll compile a list of "good" specs that should benefit from that
> review as well. How about adding HTTPbis, parts 1 through 7?
> XmlHttpRequest? CSS?

XMLHttpRequest was in HTML5. I'd be quite happy to put it back. I'd also
be happy to put HTTP and CSS in HTML5, if the relevant WGs are ok with
that.

We'd probably have to rename HTML5 to "the Web specification", though,
because XHR, HTTP, and CSS aren't adding features to HTML itself --
they're layers to the side of, below, and above (respectively) HTML.
Microdata and RDFa, on the other hand, are actually part of HTML, and so
should, IMHO, be in the HTML spec, if they exist at all.