Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:35:08 +0200, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
> Yes, I agree that the HTML5 parser is a far more suitable
> version-independent parsing reference than anything in 4.01 or
> earlier.  And it was my hope that HTML 5 could be the sole referenced
> HTML specification from the updated media type registration for this
> reason.  Unfortunately, it's missing enough other things - as has been
> discussed here - to make that goal problematic.

To me the complaints so far have been very vague. E.g. "the semantics of
the schema attribute are not defined". It's not at all clear to me why
they need to be defined and what the measurable effect would be if they
were. I'm sure that if the issue was explained a little better it would be
easier to determine if we simply disagree or just misunderstand each other.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/