Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

On Aug 21, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> An RFC can be moved to "Historic" status (the formal term for
>> "obsolete") without the need for a superseding RFC. See RFC2026
>> "The Internet Standards Process", particularly sections 4.2.4 and
>> 6.4.
>
> It needs a Standards Action.
>
> I'm in the process of doing this with RFC 2731, asked the IESG for
> advice, and got the recommendation to draft a document that would
> replace RFC 2731.

Would you be willing to ask the IESG for advice on RFC 2854, in light
of HTML5 containing an updated registration? Perhaps their opinion
will be different, or perhaps not, in which case someone needs to
draft a superseding document.

Regards,
Maciej