RE: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

On Monday, August 10, 2009 5:25 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> >> <bb> does not look even remotely likely to cause a perma-thread. In
> >> fact, your text above explains why.
> >
> > That's because the perma-thread criteria wasn't applied to the <BB>
> > element, this one was:
> >
> > - It must provide normative functionality that UA manufacturers have
> > asserted that they will not support as-is.
>
> Since Ian is incredibly responsive to implementor concerns, even in the
> face of massive flamewars (see for instance the codec issue), it seems
> like a waste of time to mark such issues, and gives a misleading
> impression of their actual degree of controversy.

I agree with Maciej. I don't believe there should be special treatment for UA manufacturers and it seems premature to mark a section as controversial after two e-mails and little discussion. I would very much like to hear feedback on the <bb> element though, particularly related to the notion of an on page element compared to something more declarative.

Cheers,

Adrian.