Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

Cameron McCormack wrote:
>> for this search string "<h5>Databases</h5>". You will find that it is
>> not removed. What am I doing wrong?
>
> That file contains interleaved source for multiple documents, including
> HTML 5.  You need to split out the part of the file that comprises
> HTML 5 (all text between “<!--START html5-->” and “<!--END html5-->”
> markers).  The ‘source-html5 : source’ rule from
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-template/Makefile does that.

Ah, that makes perfect sense! Thanks, Cameron... I'll update the github
source code to reflect that pre-processing step.

If HTML5-warnings is published, I will ensure that only the text between
<!--START html5--> and <!--END html5--> end up in the HTML5-warnings
spec. After publication, there should be no technical differences
between Ian's spec and the HTML5-warnings spec.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.1 Released - Browser-based P2P Commerce
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/06/29/browser-based-p2p-commerce/