Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 6 - on to implementation

Sam Ruby wrote:
> 1) Do you support publishing the following Editor's draft (i.e., without
> the additional warnings) as a Working Draft at this time:
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html
>
> 2) Do you support publishing the following Editor's draft (i.e., with
> additional warnings) as a Working Draft at this time:
>
>   http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings.html
>
> 3) Do you support the idea of publishing both draft a draft with
> additional warnings and a draft without warnings, should both have
> sufficient support?
>
> I hope with all of the discussion and with this description, and
> examples, the options and process are crystal clear.  If there is
> anything unclear at all, I ask that people speak up at this time.

I requested that a text box should be added to the poll in order to meet
Maciej (and others) half-way re: removing sections that are deemed to
not be controversial.

This is, to me, the most useful feedback for the poll and is part of the
reason I'm insisting that there is a poll. The text box would allow
voters to assert that certain sections should be removed from the
HTML5-warnings draft.

Here is a list of all of the changes:

http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#editor-s-draft-date-08-August-2009
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#urls
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#fetch
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#misinterpreted-for-compatibility
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#implied-strong-reference
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#other-metadata-names
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#microdata
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#predefined-type
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#obsolete
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#the-source-element
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#alt
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#the-head-element
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#navigating-across-documents
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-warnings-diff.html#the-bb-element

A voter would be able to vote for a combination of options 1, 2 and 3
that you specified at the top of this document as well as enter
something like the following in the text box:

REMOVE warnings on #the-bb-element, #implied-strong-reference
REWORD #alt, #urls

REMOVE and REWORD requests with at least 25% of the voting body will
result in those changes being made before the HTML5-warnings draft is
published (as a heartbeat WD).

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny) (twitter: manusporny)
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.