Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
> So, I am asking you to explicitly state that you object to publishing
> Ian's current draft for purposes of meeting the group's heartbeat
> requirements, while simultaneously recommending that you do not do so.

I don't like that I have to block Ian's document from being published in
order to get a poll. I still trust that if Ian's document receives more
than 50% of the vote, it will be published. I also trust that if the
HTML5-warnings document receives more than 50% of the vote, it will be
published.

The poll data would help immensely to better understand the HTML WG's
concerns re: HTML5 warning language. I'm willing to risk not having
HTML5-warnings published to find out how this community feels about the
warning language. If publishing HTML5-warnings fails, the poll results
will help to better understand the actual issues and more accurately
represent them in the next HTML5 draft that I edit.

> If you object to me doing so, say so, and say why, and you will have
> your poll.

Since I don't think there is any danger of Ian's document not being
published, I am going to ask for the poll:

Objection: I object to publishing Ian's current draft for the purposes
of meeting the group's heartbeat requirements.

Why: I believe that the HTML5-warnings draft is a better document for
the purposes of meeting the HTML WG's heartbeat requirement because it
more accurately communicates areas of concern in HTML5 to the public.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny) (twitter: manusporny)
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.