Re: Addendum to the new <audio> tag.

Yes, displayed or hidden, but I don't necessarily think that the text needs
to be visible for this to be useful.  For example, if I wanted to load some
data at the point where it hits a certain time and the user has chosen to
hide the Karaoke lyrics, I'd still want the event to fire regardless.

Maybe something like this:

<itext cueStart="xxx" cueStop="xxx" id onCueStart="getUpdatedSRT(this)">Show
this text</itext>

function getUpdatedSRT(obj)
{
}

Alternately (or additionally), it might be cool to be able to hook up the
event object in some kind of declaration that covers all cues in a video
object like this:

document.video[0].onCue = runthisoncue;
document.video["video1"].oncue = someotherfunction;

function runthisoncue(e)
{
   obj=e.sender;
   if (e.getAttribute("category").indexOf("CC")>-1)  // if it contains the
Closed Caption category
   {
      sendToTextReaderObject();
   }
}

That would allow for a global event handler for all cues in a given video.

Thoughts?

Mike Simon