Re: Google to pay for HTMLWG invited experts at TPAC 2009

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> FWIW, Google has a long (by Internet time) history of providing
> generous support for collaborative work related to the Web.
> If they want to help increase attendance by paying the relatively
> small attendance fee, that's a good thing.  Directly refunding the
> costs (or paying a lump sum on their behalf) is far more efficient
> than setting up a neutral scholarship grant process.

FWIW too, I wish my (very small) company was able to do the same
in CSS WG.

Philippe, it could be a good idea for W3C to send a message to
AC-forum recommending to sponsorize that fee for Invited
Experts in other WGs too...

</Daniel>
--
W3C CSS WG, Co-Chair