XHTML namespace

With regard to ACTION-129"

"insure that the versioning discussion at least touches on
XHTML 2 interactions with the /1999/xhtml namespace"

If the XHTML 2 work is not chartered to produce a recommendation,
it seemed like this aspect was moot, at least as far as
HTML working group was concerned. On the other hand, I think
it is useful to make clear that the namespace is insufficient
as a global version indicator.


-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:01 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: julian.reschke@gmx.de; Larry Masinter; Cynthia Shelly
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-05

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-08-05 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.


Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

I (Sam Ruby) will chair this meeting.  We are looking for a scribe.


        Topics we want to cover are included by a review of raised,
open, and pending review items from the tracker, based on target dates
of associated action items:


My plans are to clear this week's calendar for ARIA and summary related 

Julian, if you have an update on action 125 (urls-webarch) or action 103 
(doctype-legacy-compat), please make it on the list.  Otherwise, I'm 
pushing both back by a week.

Larry, if you have an update on actions 129 and 108 (html-versioning), 
I'd also like to ask you to make it on the list.  I'm similarly pushing 
both back by a week.

On action 114 (aria-processing), I hope to hear an update by Cynthia. 
I'm particularly interested in hearing if there is any fundamental 
reason why work on integrating ARIA into HTML5 can not begin at this 
point.  Clearly there may be unresolved issues on the edges, but at this 
point I am very concerned about it being August and Ian intending to 
make Last Call by October and there being literally no mention of ARIA 
in the current Working Draft beyond:

   <!-- aria processing goes here -->

On action 32, I'm aware of Cynthia working on a draft and on Maciej's 
efforts to forge a compromise.  I support both efforts, and hope that 
they merge.  Meanwhile, I am focused on an issue that is closely 
related, namely what should be published in the near term as a Working 
Draft.  My understanding of the current status can be found here:


Dial-in and IRC details:

      Zakim teleconference bridge
       +1.617.761.6200, +, +44.117.370.6152
       code: HTML (4865)

      Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
        #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

- Sam Ruby

Received on Wednesday, 5 August 2009 21:05:01 UTC