Re: summary attribute compromise proposal

John Foliot On 09-08-04 21.02:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> 1) HTML5 will continue to list and advise use of new
>> techniques that can be alternatives to summary="".
>
> Agreed.  In fact IMHO replace 'will' with 'should'.  Progress
> benefits all.

John, since "progress" for the moment is linked to Ian's specific
proposal, and since it doesn't seem like Ian proposed something
that would make the summary part of the caption programmatically
identifiable as a summary, I wonder whether, according to you - as
soon as the summary is visible to all - sighted and unsighted,
it isn't necessary to identify it as a summary anymore?

In other words, I ask if not Julian is right [1]:

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/4A788AD4.4050201@gmx.de
--
leif halvard silli