Re: Please review use cases relating to embedding micro-data in text/html

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> > >     * Paul maintains a blog and wishes to write his blog in such a
> > >       way that tools can pick up his blog post tags, authors, titles,
> > >       and his blogroll directly from his blog, so that he does not
> > >       need to maintain a parallel version of his data in a
> > >       "structured format." In other words, his HTML blog should be
> > >       usable as its own structured feed.
>
> [...] requirements:
>
> I can have a summary that is not part of the main blog entry (i.e. on a
> seperate page) but they can point to each other to clarify where the
> relevant bits of data are.

Could you clarify what is the scenario that leads to this requirement? Why
wouldn't a summary be included inline?

> I can have non-visible metadata included.

Could you be more specific about what kind of metadata? Do you mean things
like publication date, change history, author's mood?