Re: R2866 : better talk about "CSS display" instead of "CSS tables"

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:

> Looking at r2866 [1], I note the sentence "primarily using CSS
> positioning and CSS tables." I think that it would be less confusing to
> talk about CSS display instead of CSS tables (and more accurate from a
> CSS spec point of view [2][3]).
>
> [1] http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=2865&to=2866
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#display-prop
> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#positioning-scheme

I don't understand why "CSS tables" is confusing, nor why it's inaccurate.
Could you elaborate? "CSS display" doesn't convey that it is the table
values that would be particularly relevant here, which is why I'm
reluctant to just do that, but maybe there is something we can say that
is less confusing while still being precise enough.