Re: Please review use cases relating to embedding micro-data in text/html

This is a monumental accomplishment! Well done, Ian.

The descriptions and categorisations are entirely logical and neutral. They
are also stated more clearly than many of the messages I have read on this
subject over the years.

Nicely presented, too. :P

Ian Hickson wrote:
> Blogging
>
>   USE CASE: Remove the need for feeds to restate the content of HTML
>   pages (i.e. replace Atom with HTML).
>
>   SCENARIOS:
>
>     * Paul maintains a blog and wishes to write his blog in such a
>       way that tools can pick up his blog post tags, authors, titles,
>       and his blogroll directly from his blog, so that he does not
>       need to maintain a parallel version of his data in a
>       "structured format." In other words, his HTML blog should be
>       usable as its own structured feed.

I would love to see this happen.

Mapping my well-structured content to another file using another
angle-bracket format has always seemed like an anti-pattern to me.
Especially when that format is sometimes less logical, usually more
complicated and always less familiar than HTML. Therefore, my blog is
feedless.

I saw this thread on Public-HTML, so I used the Respond link here:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.html>

--
Ben Millard
<http://projectcerbera.com/web/study/>