Re: proposal to allow div, h1 .. h6 and section as children of list elements

Toby A Inkster wrote:

>> I think most of the cases your proposal covers can be solved
>> by adjusting the markup, especially with the <ol start> and
>> <li value> attribute.

Bruce Lawson replied:

> But I'd rather not use the start and value attributes; I don't
> want to hardcode the numbers in the markup.

For legal documents, you often need to.  When the law is
amended, the section numbers usually do not change; they
(at most) leave a note saying that the paragraph is no longer
effective.

I recently had to read a document which skipped from
7I to 7L, went back to (second versions of) 7Q, 7R, and 7S
after the first 7S, then went to 4, then had another 7... but
those numbers and letters *are* the paragraph titles, so
they have to be preserved rather than cleaned up.

-jJ