RE: <q>

I feel VERY uncomfortable with the idea of an HTML element that specifies a particular presentation in a manner that only makes sense in certain languages (not every locale will have a quotation mark character, but authors will come to expect the <q> element to render it). If I am reading this idea wrong, please let me know!

J.Ja