Re: heads-up about "new" URLs section in HTML5 editor's draft

Justin James wrote:
> That only causes confusion for the 1% - 3% of developers who not only know
> and understand the distinction, but actually care, and for whom the
> distinction is important because a sense of what is proper. For the real of
> the programmers out there, this is not a point of confusion in the
> slightest. :)
>
> If HTML 5 is all about ratifying the "status quo" on stuff like AJAX, let's
> go whole hog and do it right. Let's eliminate the URL/URI distinction.

Justin,

I totally agree that the distinction between URL and URI is almost
meaningless. Any URL is a URI. Any URI that isn't a URL can be made a
URL by coming about with a resolution process.

What I was trying to say is that a "HTML URL" is not a RFC3986 URL. It's
not even a IRI.

BR, Julian