linking mail to issues was re: some other topic

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:35:52 +0200, Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
<cerbera@projectcerbera.com> wrote:

> Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>> [...] all that you need do is include in your message a string in the
>> form "issue-NNN" or "action-NNN" [...].
>
> Thanks! I figured that's how it worked but wasn't sure.
>
> Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>> You're free to associate any message you want with any issue or action
>> you choose.
>

> I thought only those messages which are useful for the person handling a
> particular issue or action should be associated with it? Figuring out
> what's useful to those people is what has me stumped.
>
> For example, should I have associated my previous message "Re: @headers
> on th too or just td?" with any actions or issues?

It's useful for anyone trying to track what this group does, and how
decisions are made. (In theory. Taking input from undisclosed sources
limits transparency and the ability to follow what this group did).

So I would say yes, although so long as you are within a thread you could
rely on people using the threading of archives. (In theory. In practice it
seems people forget to actually start new threads...)

cheers

chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com