Re: Canvas path transformations

Ian Hickson wrote on 2nd February 2008:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Philip Taylor wrote:
>>
>> [stuff about infinity]
>
> I've changed the way infinity is handled. Let me know if the new text is
> better.

It is.

>> [stuff about transforming arcs and stuff]
>
> I've changed the way this is worded. Is it better? I'm reluctant to
> rewrite all the text to be pedantically correct here. :-)

It is. (I don't think it's perfectly precise, but it seems good enough -
the tests can be pedantic, and if an implementor complains then the spec
can be made more detailed.)

>> [stuff about transforming strokes]
>
> This changed a bit recently too, it now says "the stroke must itself also
> be subjected to the current transformation matrix". Is that ok?

I think that doesn't help implementors at all since it's totally vague
and meaningless. But everyone seems to implement stroking the same way
already, and tests can detect when someone gets it wrong, and I expect
it'd be a lot of work to try to specify stroke rendering in complete
detail and then nobody would read that definition because it would be
too complicated, so I guess it's okay to leave everything as it is
unless someone complains they really need more detail.

While on the subject of transformations: The spec currently says
"(Transformations affect the path when the path is created, not when it
is painted, though the stroke style is still affected by the
transformation during painting.)" - the word "style" links to the

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk