RE: Race conditions in HTML 5?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Bonner, Matt wrote:

> I can't find anything in the HTML 4 or DOM 3 standards that calls for
> this "all other scripts have stopped executing" behavior. Where has this
> been specified in the past?

It hasn't. It's just how browsers have always worked.

This is the way of many things in HTML5, ranging from the Window object
to the descriptions of 'origin' to the HTML parser model. They've never
actually been specified before, browsers have had to reverse engineer each
other to get interoperability. Filling this gaping hole in the Web
platform's specifications is one of the main goals of the HTML5 effort.