RE: Questions on <datatemplate> (ref. call for exclusions)

Ian Hickson wrote:

> I think therefore that the better idea is to look at the data templating
> and repetition model features, as well as the many other client-side
> templating ideas people have come up with for HTML, and find what
> features, if any, could provide an underlying infrastructure that could
> enable all of these features to be implemented easily by authors. That
> way we would help a much bigger fraction of the potential template
authors.

Makes sense.  But just so we're all clear, my questions for now are for
the purpose of understanding if HP has to request to "exclude specifically
identified and disclosed Essential Claims from the overall W3C RF licensing
requirements" [1] with respect to HTML 5, before the June 20 deadline.

I recently became HP's HTML WG representative, and this basically became
my first task. Once we clear this hurdle, I should have time to start
attending the WG phone meetings. After June 20, I should have time to
start attending the phone meetings, etc.

In the meantime, I'm reading the spec documents, searching the email
archives and asking questions here to get up to speed. Thanks for
everyone's patience while I come up the learning curve.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-Exclusion

Matt
--
Matt Bonner