Re: [whatwg] several messages about the HTML syntax

Maurice a écrit :
> On Apr 28, 2008, at 3:46 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Maurice 2008-04-28 04.10:
>>> I think longdesc should be expanded to all attributes.
>>
>> Did you mean to say that @longdesc should be expanded to all elements?
>> Or to all <a href> elements? (In the code examples you only added it
>> to the <a href> element.)
>
> I think it  would be useful on all _elements_.  (if implemented visually
> the way I want )
>
> For example imagine a photo gallery management app where you can drag
> and drop images to rearrange them.
> Each image is in a div and the top of each div is styled to have a thick
> blue top border (like the top of a Windows® window, the part you use to
> move the window).
>
> The title and alt of the image would be its user supplied caption. The
> image's longdesc (big tooltip) could give instructions about what
> happens if the user double clicks the image itself and the longdesc of
> the draggable div would explain how to drag and drop them to rearrange
> the images and how to ctrl+click to select more than one at a time.

I don't think it would be an efficient way to handle tool tips, because
longdesc is just a URI pointing to a whole new webpage (excepted for
data URI), so it would request from the browser to GET it, parse it
analyse charset, maybe CSS and javascript of that new page, then display
it in a sort of absolutly positionned iframe... Seems overly complicated
to me.

A simple link pointing to a 'how to use this page' section in the page
would be more efficient.