Re: One more thought about requiring the alt to add to the pile

On Apr 20, 2008, at 19:03, David Poehlman wrote:

> This is dangerous though as if you need to know that the text is
> null alted,
> you won't even know to look so JAWS should at least announce
> "graphic".

I'm not sure I follow. Isn't the whole point of the empty string as
alt that the image can be totally removed from the non-graphic
rendering as in Safari+VoiceOver and Lynx? (And that's why it is so
bad to use the empty string alt on images whose presence needs to be
announced for the surrounding page to appear sensible.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi