Re: [html4all] New issue: IMG section -- metadata embedded in image?

It's not clear to me who should supply the alternative text - the author of
the image or the author of the content embedding the image?  Of course this
matters more when the authors are different people.

* In the image author case, the 'alternative text' can be defined only one
time, but then it is fixed for all possible uses of that image.

* In the html author case, the 'alternative text' must be defined by every
user of that image, but then different alternative text could be supplied
for different audiences.

What is alternative text - is it meant to be a completely neutral
description of the image or is it a description of the image in the context
of which it was embedded?

Jeff