Re: [html4all] several messages about alt

Le 14 avr. 2008 à 10:58, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :
> It is very well, indeed, that you are accurate about what
> validator.nu checks for. My point was to say that people have
> expectations about what the W3 validator does.

Just for the record. It's not one unique harmonious set. Different
groups of People have sets of expectations about what the W3C
validator does.  It makes sometimes design decisions challenging.
Olivier Théreaux and the validator developers community try at a
regular pace to get resolutions on some non trivial issues involving
conflicting opinions of different groups.

There is also another issue which is the intersection of more or less
well defined specifications. For an example, XHTML 1.0 defines what is
a [*strict* conforming document][1]. But it doesn't define the
[conformance of multi-namespaces documents][2].

	"Work by W3C is addressing ways to specify
	conformance for documents involving multiple
	namespaces. "

It has been hindering the development of validator for such documents.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#strict
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#well-formed

--
Karl Dubost - W3C