Re: WYSIWYM editors

Robert Accettura schreef:
>> What is a " typical web development workflow"?
>>

> In most organizations the majority of the front end code (HTML/CSS) is done by
> designers, whose main IDE is Photoshop not vi.

I don’t know… In Backbase, there is one designer guy whose main IDE is
indeed photoshop and who makes the design for all graphics (including
the product’s UI looks, PDF documents, the website, and their
illustrations). However, he has basically nothing to do with HTML or CSS
(other than having a global view of what’s possible with CSS and what’s
not, because he’s been told so many times :)); when he’s finished a
design, the markup is then created by web programmers who slice up the
images and produce the code.

Maybe Backbase is an exception, I don’t know, but this seems like the
most logical way to do it.

~Grauw