Re: The interpretation of script

On Jan 19, 2011, at 17:38 , Liam R E Quin wrote:
> When we were designing namespaces in XML (a process that got truncated
> by an externally-imposed two-week deadline, unfortunately) I was naïvely
> hoping for a mechanism whereby a Web browser/UA ecountering a namespace
> it didn't support would go off and fetch code, rather as they do for
> plugins...

This could be implemented and tested as an extension, for fun if not in the hope that it gets adopted. The way I saw this happening last I thought about it was that unknown namespaces would cause the UA to retrieve an RDDL(-like) document for them. That could easily point to some XBL (or rather, to some CSS integrating that XBL) that would implement the language. It's actually fairly trivial.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/