Re: The interpretation of script

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:04:27 +0100, Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Anne, this brings up another point that occurred to me as I was working
> on an xqib review. Is there any syntax defined in html5 for attribute
> based
> script handlers in languages other than javascript, eg onclick =
> "xquery:local:foo($this)" ?  I'm bringing this up in the context of
> xquery, but it seems likely this might emerge for any language in the
> browser, such as python or php.

They are tied to ECMAScript. There was once a theoretical http-equiv
directive called Content-Script-Type, but that got never implemented in
any meaningful way. Browsers do not support Python or PHP (at least not
exposed to the web) so this is not a problem I think.

If we ever want to introduce a new scripting language to the web then is
probably the right time to answer these questions. Trying to anticipate
everything now is not really feasible I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/