Re: The interpretation of script

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 20:48 -0500, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
[...]
> As I proposed on the phone, something like:
>
> <script type="application/xml" norun="true">

The "XML Promise" is that any XML application is licensed by the XML
Specification to process any XML document.

Something that doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) "norun" can do
so... just as you can write XSLT to process SVG as data without actually
rendering it.

MIME types e.g. for Unix shell scripts and Perl scripts exist already,
and for C code, but I certainly don't want my mail to run arbitrary
shell scripts people send me.

Identifying content is (and should remain) separate from identifying
purpose.

Liam