Re: New HTML/XML Task Force Report published

Overall, the document looks pretty solid. I do agree with other commentators
here that it would probably be worth either spelling out or producing a
graphic that illustrates the specific differences in how an XML and HTML
parser will create an associated tree for edge cases such as <foo/> or <p>
with no corresponding </p>, as well as where there are differences in
nomenclature (the lack of public or system DTD declarations in HTML5, the
use of singleton attributes without corresponding values or attributes that
aren't quoted and so forth). By identifying these, it will make it easier to
reference them in any subsequent draft of the document.

Kurt Cagle
Managing Editor, XMLToday.org
kurt.cagle@gmail.com
443-837-8725