W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-09-26: CfCs, publications, TF reports, other business

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:03:24 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3ba4c17a72fe426a8dd654abc09e99b4@BY2PR03MB270.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
26 September 2013

 Minutes ->    http://www.w3.org/2013/09/26-html-wg-minutes.html
 IRC          ->    http://www.w3.org/2013/09/26-html-wg-irc

[09:01] <rubys> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JulSep/0027.html
[09:04] <krisk_> chair: rubys
[09:04] <krisk_> scribe: krisk

[09:04] <krisk_> TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, September 26
[09:04] <krisk_> none

[09:04] <krisk_> TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
[09:04] <krisk_> Call for Microdata editor(s) closes on Sep 27
[09:05] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0059.html
[09:05] <krisk_> We have no editor, so if we don't get an editor this will be published as a note

[09:05] <krisk_> TOPIC: New Calls this week
[09:05] <krisk_> CfC: to publish a “Encrypted Media Extensions" heartbeat Working Draft
[09:06] <krisk_> Closes on tuesday
[09:06] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0088.html
[09:06] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0083.html
[09:06] <krisk_> rubys: feedback has most been that this is not in scope, but it is in scope for the HTML WG

[09:06] <krisk_> TOPIC: Task Force Reports

[09:06] <krisk_> SUBTOPIC: Testing Task Force
[09:07] <krisk_> We met as planned on Tuesday Sept 24th
[09:07] <krisk_> Most of the discussion was on Canvas
[09:08] <krisk_> See http://dev.w3.org/html5/misc/canvas-implementation.html
[09:09] <krisk_> Now it seems that 6. Building paths 'ellipse() doesn't have actual implementations and should be marked as 'at risk'
[09:10] <krisk_>  4. Line Styles setLineDash, getLineDash, lineDashOffset
[09:10] <krisk_> We have no tests - but Microsoft will submit some soon
[09:10] <krisk_> Since IE11 added support for these Canvas features
[09:10] <krisk_> Feedback is that if you actually go to http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/2dcontext/ 
[09:11] <krisk_> The canvas tests are not working
[09:11] <krisk_> Which I *think* Robin has a bug to fix?
[09:12] <rubys> ack next
[09:13] <plh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0013.html
[09:14] <krisk_> Plh: Can the TTF look to see if this is correct?
[09:14] <krisk_> ..and if so update the report so that it is accurate
[09:15] <rubys> From Rik: "In answer to your question, I believe Jay generated that table by running the canvas test suite. Since that suite doesn't test this new feature, it wasn't flagged."
[09:16] <krisk_> rubys: Rik has agree to update that section to be red and not green
[09:17] <MarkS> http://www.rgraph.net/blog/2013/january/html5-canvas-ellipse.html
[09:18] <krisk_> rubys can you follow up on ellipse() having implementations?
[09:18] <plh> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/HTML5.0AtRiskFeatures
[09:20] <plh> Sam: Rik is working with Rich about an update to the Canvas2D draft

[09:20] <krisk_> TOPIC:  Accessibility Task Force
[09:21] <krisk_> jania: Rich is away and we can't deliver on the date and move to Nov?
[09:23] <krisk_> rubys: I'd like to see credible plans for implementations
[09:23] <krisk_> rubys: If their is not credible plans then don't focus on these items
[09:24] <krisk_> rubys: We have multiple implentations for Canvas
[09:24] <krisk_> rubys: Though some items are at Risk (Path Objects) and don't have implementations
[09:26] <krisk_> Rubys: Custom focus ring seems to be at risk since IE11 supports but chrome has a bug

[09:26] <krisk_> This since in '12.   Drawing paths to the canvas'
[09:28] <rubys> the plan would then be to mark custom focus ring to be at risk at this time, seek plans in 4Q 2013 for implementations in 1Q2014.  If this function isn't implemented in 1Q2014, it will be removed at that time.
[09:29] <rubys> janina and mark sadecki agrees
[09:29] <krisk_> plh: Does dashses, text metrics, and ellipse being removed raise any concerns from the  Accessibility Task Force?
[09:29] <krisk_> mark: We would like to have some time to confirm
[09:30] <krisk_> plh: Rik is going to update the page
[09:30] <rubys> list of at risk features: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/HTML5.0AtRiskFeatures
[09:30] <plh> [[
[09:30] <plh>      Path object in Canvas
[09:30] <plh>     Hit regions
[09:30] <plh>     Dashes
[09:30] <plh>     Text metrics
[09:30] <plh>     Ellipse
[09:30] <plh> ]]
[09:30] <krisk_> rubys: The plan to to make the document match the wiki
[09:30] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=HTML5.0AtRiskFeatures&oldid=13988
[09:32] <krisk_> jania: Alt text on image section 4.8.1.1 is being looked at and we have some comments
[09:32] <krisk_> jania: The task force is getting close to being done and we don't expect any big changes
[09:33] <janina> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/longdesc-tests/
[09:33] <krisk_> jania: We have tests for longdesc and are looking for input from others
[09:34] <krisk_> jania: This runs until next tuesday, so please provide input

[09:35] <krisk_> TOPIC: Media Task Force
[09:35] <krisk_> Any comments/status?
[09:35] <krisk_> none

[09:36] <krisk_> TOPIC: Other Business
[09:36] <krisk_> publishing WAI_ARIA in HTML heartbeat
[09:36] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0073.html

[09:36] <krisk_> Next is Returning canvas to last call
[09:37] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0082.html
[09:37] <krisk_> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0084.html
[09:37] <krisk_> The editors are working to complete this work

[09:37] <krisk_> Bug 21341 - Remove note that longdesc is obsolete for img
[09:37] <krisk_> This came up last week and has now been fixed
[09:37] <krisk_>  https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21341

[09:39] <krisk_> plh can darobin or someone (Mike?) fix the tests at http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/2dcontext/?
[09:40] <krisk_> plh: yes I can have someone fix these tests
[09:40] <krisk_> krisk: thanks!

[09:40] <krisk_> rubys: any other, other business?
[09:41] <krisk_> plh: Next we will announce a new HTML charter
[09:42] <krisk_> TOPIC: Scribe for next meeting?
________________________________________
From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:09 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-09-26: CfCs, publications, TF reports,  other business

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2013-09-26 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2fzq

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Kris Krueger

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, September 26

    None

2. Items Closing This Week

a) Call for Microdata editor(s) closes on Sep 27
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Aug/0059.html

3. New Calls this week

a) CfC: to publish a “Encrypted Media Extensions" heartbeat Working Draft,
    closes on Oct 1
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0088.html
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0083.html

4. Task Force Reports

a) Testing Task Force

b) Accessibility Task Force

c) Media Task Force

5. Other Business

a) publishing WAI_ARIA in HTML heartbeat:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0073.html

b) Returning canvas to last call
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0082.html
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0084.html

c) Bug 21341 - Remove note that longdesc is obsolete for img
    https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21341

6. Scribe for next meeting

7. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80


Received on Thursday, 26 September 2013 17:04:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC