Call for Microdata editor(s) (was: WG Decision continue HTML Microdata as a separate spec)

On 07/22/2013 09:13 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:
> No one objected to the CfC to remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, remove JS
> API, and to continue HTML Microdata as a separate spec by the Wed Jul 17
> deadline.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0019.html
>
> Therefore, the HTML Working Group hereby resolves to handle the
> Microdata discussion as specified in the above referenced CfC.
>
> The Editors are requested to carry out the directions of the CfC:
>
> a) to remove all references to Microdata from the HTML 5.0 CR draft,
>
> b) to remove the Javascript API from the Microdata spec, and
>
> c) to publish the separate "HTML Microdata" document as an extension
> spec (iff editorial resources can be found).

At this time, the Chairs are looking for candidate editors for
the HTML Microdata spec.

If you are interested in performing the role of editor for the HTML
Microdata Documents specification, please privately contact the Chairs.
The Chairs will only appoint candidates that in our judgment will handle
these powers responsibly. The Chairs may also be contacting some people
directly.

If no suitable candidates are found by 27 September 2013, the chairs
intend to treat that as an indication that the work group "cannot
productively carry the work any further" per section 7.5[1] of the W3C
process.  The result of such a determination would be that the document
would be published as a WG Note.

> /paulc
>
> HTML WG co-chair
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada