W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-05-30: WG Decisions, Image Description CfC, Microdata and misc items

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:58:47 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <8a75d38660954d0990aa8145ca9d18c7@BL2PR03MB259.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
30 May 2013

 Minutes ->  http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-html-wg-minutes.html
 IRC      -> http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-html-wg-irc
 
[09:01] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
[09:01] <trackbot> Date: 30 May 2013
[09:03] <krisk> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0014.html
[09:03] <krisk> scribe: krisk
[09:04] <krisk> plh: has an extra item to add to the 'other items' 
[09:04] <krisk> TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, May 30
[09:04] <krisk> none
[09:04] <krisk> TOPIC: New Issues This Week:
[09:04] <krisk> none
[09:04] <krisk> TOPIC: New WG Decisions
[09:05] <krisk> paulc: we have three related to publish CFCs
[09:05] <krisk> First item is WG Decision to stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5: Edition for Web Authors"
[09:05] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0130.html 
[09:06] <krisk> plh: we can't publish from june 7th -> 17th, so we need to get them published or they have to wait
[09:06] <krisk> paulc: robin is on point to pubish and I assume he is taking care of the publishing
[09:06] <krisk> WG Decision to publish three heartbeat drafts as WDs
[09:07] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0136.html 
[09:07] <krisk> WG Decision to publish main element extension specification as WG Note
[09:07] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0137.html 
[09:07] <krisk> TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
[09:07] <krisk> None
[09:07] <krisk> TOPIC: New Calls this Week
[09:07] <krisk> CfC: to publish a revised “HTML5 Image Description Extension” Working Draft closes Tue Jun 4
[09:07] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0117.html
[09:08] <krisk> paulc: I sent this out on the list last weekend a closes next tuesday midnight boston time
[09:09] <krisk> paulc: If the CFC has agreement in the group then we should try to get this published before the lockdown
[09:09] <krisk> plh: It should be possible to publish as long as the CFC has agreement
[09:10] <krisk> paulc: That is why I send out the plan to the group so we can proceed
[09:10] <krisk> TOPIC: Other Business
[09:10] <krisk> paulc: status check on removal of Microdata from 5.0
[09:10] <krisk> paulc: no discussion on the list, some whatwg group according to robin
[09:11] <krisk> paulc: robin though we should wait a bit
[09:11] <krisk> CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1, publish Microdata doc as a W3C note
[09:11] <Zakim> +tantek
[09:11] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html
[09:12] <paulc> Most recent Microdata email on thread: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0134.html
[09:12] <krisk> paulc: we'll look for an update on this topic with a pointer to the discussion in the whatwg
[09:12] <krisk> plh: I have an update on the HTML charter
[09:13] <krisk> plh: We proposed a new charter to the AC board and we received several objections
[09:14] <krisk> plh: AC meeting will discuss content protection and document license
[09:14] <krisk> plh: I expect the directors will make a call on the charter the following week after the AC meeting
[09:14] <paulc> charter: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/
[09:14] <paulc> WRONG LINK
[09:14] <plh> charter: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2013/Overview.html
[09:15] <krisk> plh: Note this is the correct link http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2013/Overview.html
[09:16] <krisk> plh: The AC meeting is on June 10th and June 11th, which would mean a call on the charter would occur on the week for June 17th
[09:16] <krisk> paulc: Will this be about EME?
[09:16] <krisk> plh: It will be about content protection, since we  have a formal objection on content protection
[09:17] <rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html#EME-1
[09:17] <krisk> paulc: The chairs have recorded the formal objections to EME publishing
[09:17] <paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0138.html
[09:19] <krisk> paulc: We are also having access issue by people doing cross list posts and getting denied
[09:19] <krisk> paulc: plh other items?
[09:20] <krisk> rubys: director was included and we should resolve the first objection rather than publishing the second update to the spec
[09:21] <rubys> s/rather than publishing the second update to the spec/before processing this objection/
[09:21] <krisk> paulc: So then we should expect this to happen after June 17th (second publishing for EME)
[09:21] <krisk> paulc: I can chair the meeting next week, sam does this work for you?
[09:21] <krisk> krisk: scribe?
[09:22] <krisk> I can help since I'll be giving and update for the TTF
[09:23] <krisk> paulc: Janina could you comment on Firefox's long desc support?
[09:23] <paulc> rrsagent, generate the minutes
[09:23] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-html-wg-minutes.html paulc
[09:23] <krisk> janina: Firefox will be adding support!

Received on Thursday, 6 June 2013 16:02:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC