W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-04-18

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:47:25 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <073532a87ae5438ea3d2ed712a57d701@BY2PR03MB270.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
18 April 2013

Minutes	-> http://www.w3.org/2013/04/18-html-wg-minutes.html
IRC 	-> http://www.w3.org/2013/04/18-html-wg-irc

<paulc> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0006.html

<krisk> TOPIC: Upcoming F2F in San Jose
<krisk> see http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda
<paulc> http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda
<krisk> paulc: Let's talk about this first
<krisk> paulc: HTML WG meets on tuesday/wendsday
<krisk> danielaustin: parking is tight - public transportation recommended
<krisk> danielaustin: reception will be on Wendday evening
<krisk> danielaustin: Reception will be from 4->6pm at paypay at the meeting location (April 24th)
<krisk> paulc: do we have meeting rooms for the groups
<krisk> danielaustin: Yes I do have this information
<krisk> paulc: can you update the wiki with this information?
<paulc> http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda#Logistics
<krisk> danielaustin: sure
<krisk> paulc: any logistical questions about the F2F?
<krisk> paulc: other important part is potential topics
<paulc> http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics
<krisk> paulc: please add them to the wiki
<krisk> paulc: here is the list (no specific order)
<krisk> paulc: polygot spec - normative or not?
<krisk> paulc: CR status
<krisk> paulc: HTML Test Suite coverage and status
<krisk> paulc: getting Microdata to CR
<krisk> paulc: do others on the call have other items
<krisk> krisk: I'd like to propose talking about how github and getting the the HTML5 spec to Rec
<krisk> danielaustin: can we talk about web performance issues related to HTML5?
<krisk> paulc: sure, added
<plh> q+ to ask about the reception
<krisk> paulc: janina are you on the phone?
<krisk> janina: yes
<krisk> paulc: should we discuss longdesc?
<krisk> janina: we are working on bugs, maybe
<krisk> paulc: let's add moving image description to last call
<krisk> paulc: hober any other agenda items for extension specs?
<krisk> hober: they are progressing, not sure if the picture folks will be attending
<krisk> paulc: can you check to see if they are attending and if so add a specific agenda item
<krisk> paulc: plh do you have items you want to discuss
<krisk> plh: very nice to have the reception - just want to make sure the WG are aware of this reception
<krisk> paulc: media task force would like to meet on the 23rd and not the 24th
<krisk> janina: This would be fine for the ally items as well which relate to media
<krisk> paulc: we have a start on the agenda, please feel free to add additional items
<krisk> bin: we should identify areas in the spec that have missing coverage
<krisk> bin: kris in the task for has been doing this but it's going quite slow
<krisk> plh: darobin should be able to help with this agenda item
<krisk> paulc: I think the first TOPIC has been covered, any other comments?

<krisk> TOPIC: Discussion topic: progress towards CR for HTML 5.0
<krisk> paulc: I was traveling and don't have any information on this topic
<krisk> plh: mjs wanted to go overall the items (bugs, test suite, etc...)
<krisk> plh: mjs wants to make sure this is part of the agenda
<krisk> plh: Which also should include features that are at risk and ones that are no longer at risk
<krisk> paulc: The chairs talked on Monday about declaring parts of the spec that are interoperable and have enough tests
<krisk> plh: We might want to discuss future plans for re-integrating the HTML5 Image Description Extension
<krisk> paulc: and other CR items to discuss at the F2F?
<krisk> paulc: I added a general agenda item called 'extenstion spec status'
<krisk> paulc: hober this is where you can add items

<krisk> TOPIC: Other business
<krisk> MSE working draft specification was published on tuesday
<krisk> paulc: any other business to disucss?
<paulc> MSE WD was published on Tue: http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9788
<krisk> paulc: Will the testing task force meet the following week?
<krisk> krisk: yes
<krisk> paulc: the WG meeting most likely will not meet
<krisk> paulc: all three chairs will be attending and will make a call on meeting on May 2nd
<krisk> paulc: Adjournment
<krisk> krisk: no objections

________________________________________
From: Maciej Stachowiak
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:32 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-04-18

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2013-04-18 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2crt

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe:

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. Upcoming F2F in San Jose
    http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda

2. Discussion topic: progress towards CR for HTML 5.0

3. Other business

4. Scribe for next meeting

5. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
  +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
  #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80






Received on Thursday, 18 April 2013 16:49:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC