W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2012

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11- Actions, Plan 2014 adoption, Task Force reports

From: Sunyang (Eric) <eric.sun@huawei.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 01:21:55 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9254B5E6361B1648AFC00BA447E6E8C32AECE4F6@szxeml545-mbx.china.huawei.com>
we agreed with the a11y tf's request to change "technical"
   to "substantive" in the section describing their work and
   deliverables

I can not find "technical" text in a11y part description of plan 2014, where is it?

Yang
Huawei


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Edward O'Connor [mailto:eoconnor@apple.com]
> Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:38 AM
> To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
> Subject: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11- Actions, Plan 2014
> adoption, Task Force reports
> 
> Hi Maciej,
> 
> You wrote:
> 
> > The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> > 2012-10-18 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
> 
> The minutes for this morning's teleconference are available in HTML at
> this URL:
> 
>            http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-minutes.html
> 
> or in plain text below.
> 
> 

> 
>                        HTML Weekly Teleconference
> 
> 18 Oct 2012
> 
>    See also: [2]IRC log
> 
>       [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>    Present
>    Regrets
>    Chair
>           mjs
> 
>    Scribe
>           hober
> 
> Contents
> 
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, October 18
>          2. [5]Decisions this week
>          3. [6]Task Force Reports
>          4. [7]Accessibility Task Force
>          5. [8]Media Task Force
>          6. [9]Testing Task Force
>          7. [10]Other Business
>          8. [11]Scribe for next meeting
>          9. [12]Adjournment
>      * [13]Summary of Action Items
> 
> __________________________________________________________
> 
>    <mjs> is anyone signed up so scribe?
> 
>    <rubys> trackbot, start meeting
> 
>    <trackbot> Date: 18 October 2012
> 
>    <scribe> ScribeNick: hober
> 
> Action items due by Thursday, October 18
> 
>    ACTION-222?
> 
>    <trackbot> ACTION-222 -- Maciej Stachowiak to create a
>    preference poll for the appcache mailing list -- due 2012-10-18
>    -- OPEN
> 
>    <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222
> 
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222
> 
>    mjs: let this slide while working on getting plan 2014 adopted
>    ... plan is to have a private draft of the poll to the other
>    chairs by eod today
>    ... if we do create a separate mailing list, it'll still
>    require people to be a member of the wg in order to join
>    ... will send out an email today
> 
>    cwilso: i think it's well understood that people would have to
>    be in the wg in order to join the list
> 
>    mjs: there was some confusion over this
> 
> Decisions this week
> 
>    Plan 2014 decision:
>    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/010
>    5.html
> 
>      [15]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0105.html
> 
>    mjs: chairs declared consensus on plan 2014 with a few
>    modifications
>    ... several objections were addressed without changing the
>    substance of the decision
>    ... leaving html5 or html5.0 naming up to the editors
>    ... we didn't want the plan to declare a specific name, leaving
>    up to editors (with review by wg)
>    ... we agreed with the a11y tf's request to change "technical"
>    to "substantive" in the section describing their work and
>    deliverables
>    ... [gives aria example]
>    ... aspects of <hgroup> are widely implemented (parsing
>    behavior, ua stylesheet)
>    ... clarified so that those portions aren't at risk
>    ... master branch for html5.1 is the master branch of the git
>    repo
>    ... we will soon mark issues postponed
>    ... the ones that can be addressed in extension specs
>    ... we've asked the editors to make another pass through the
>    bugs before we move the existing bugs to a non-5.0 component
>    ... will only pull in specific bugs to 5.0 after that
>    ... wg members should help complete the list of at risk
>    features
>    ... [task force work statement adjustments]
> 
>    daniel: how can i help?
> 
>    mjs: giving technical feedback; usually we start with a bug in
>    bugzilla, but starting a thread on public-html also works
>    ... watching the list and bugzilla for topics you're interested
>    in
> 
>    rubys: the testing tf needs a lot of help
> 
>    <Zakim> rubys, you wanted to suggest
>    [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing
> 
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing
> 
>    mjs: testing is a key part of getting to rec
> 
>    plh: since we're moving to cr by the end of the year, the next
>    big step is figuring out what's implemented & working on
>    testing
> 
>    <plh> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/
> 
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/
> 
>    plh: i udpated the proposed charter based on plan 2014
>    ... the plan is for us to be rechartered before the end of the
>    year
> 
>    mjs: i encourage folks to look at & comment on the proposed
>    charter
> 
> Task Force Reports
> 
> Accessibility Task Force
> 
>    janina: met this morning
>    ... continued discussing section 7.1 hidden=""
> 
>    <adrianba> kris sent an update on the testing task force to the
>    list
>    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
>    /2012OctDec/0007.html
> 
>      [18]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0
> 007.html
> 
>    janina: that discussion has also been on list
>    ... see the tf minutes
>    ... fpwd from webapps of the shadow dom spec; could be relevant
>    to tf work
>    ... will be organizing next steps now that plan 2014 has been
>    adopted
>    ... continuing to look at the non-normative parts of 4.8 (what
>    makes good alt text)
>    ... we will be requesting a meeting within a couple of days on
>    that topic
> 
> Media Task Force
> 
>    <Zakim> adrianba, you wanted to give an update
> 
>    adrianba: the tf has been continuing to meet, alternating
>    between topics
>    ... trying to make sure that the bugs that are being filed are
>    being triaged by the editors
>    ... aiming to get both of the specs into a good state before
>    proposing fpwd
>    ... have asked for some time at tpac
>    ... by end of tpac meeting, the editors should know what work
>    remains between then and fpwd
>    ... next meeting will be looking at the issues open on the
>    media source extensions spec
> 
> Testing Task Force
> 
>    plh: we spent last week's telcon talking about what we'll
>    present at tpac
>    ... we have a very small number of approved tests
>    ... and a much larger number of tests that haven't been
>    approved
>    ... we've received several submissions from mozilla and opera
>    ... some cross-origin tests, <track> tests
> 
> Other Business
> 
>    mjs: CfC on heartbeat drafts
> 
>    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/006
>    5.html
> 
>      [19]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0065.html
> 
>    scribe: CfC closes tomorrow; please comment on the list
> 
> Scribe for next meeting
> 
>    <gitbot> [html] techtoons pushed 2 new commits to html5_canvas:
>    [20]https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c0
>    29d9
> 
>      [20]
> https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c029d9
> 
>    <gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "removed features for
>    issue-201" - Jay Munro
> 
>    <gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "add a closing comment
>    where I think it belongs" - Jay Munro
> 
>    daniel: i can scribe
> 
>    mjs: thank you
> 
> Adjournment
> 
>    mjs: we are adjourned
Received on Friday, 19 October 2012 01:22:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:42 UTC