{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11- Actions, Plan 2014 adoption, Task Force reports

Hi Maciej,

You wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-10-18 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

The minutes for this morning's teleconference are available in HTML at
this URL:

           http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          mjs

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, October 18
         2. [5]Decisions this week
         3. [6]Task Force Reports
         4. [7]Accessibility Task Force
         5. [8]Media Task Force
         6. [9]Testing Task Force
         7. [10]Other Business
         8. [11]Scribe for next meeting
         9. [12]Adjournment
     * [13]Summary of Action Items

   <mjs> is anyone signed up so scribe?

   <rubys> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 18 October 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, October 18

   ACTION-222?

   <trackbot> ACTION-222 -- Maciej Stachowiak to create a
   preference poll for the appcache mailing list -- due 2012-10-18
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222

   mjs: let this slide while working on getting plan 2014 adopted
   ... plan is to have a private draft of the poll to the other
   chairs by eod today
   ... if we do create a separate mailing list, it'll still
   require people to be a member of the wg in order to join
   ... will send out an email today

   cwilso: i think it's well understood that people would have to
   be in the wg in order to join the list

   mjs: there was some confusion over this

Decisions this week

   Plan 2014 decision:
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/010
   5.html

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0105.html

   mjs: chairs declared consensus on plan 2014 with a few
   modifications
   ... several objections were addressed without changing the
   substance of the decision
   ... leaving html5 or html5.0 naming up to the editors
   ... we didn't want the plan to declare a specific name, leaving
   up to editors (with review by wg)
   ... we agreed with the a11y tf's request to change "technical"
   to "substantive" in the section describing their work and
   deliverables
   ... [gives aria example]
   ... aspects of <hgroup> are widely implemented (parsing
   behavior, ua stylesheet)
   ... clarified so that those portions aren't at risk
   ... master branch for html5.1 is the master branch of the git
   repo
   ... we will soon mark issues postponed
   ... the ones that can be addressed in extension specs
   ... we've asked the editors to make another pass through the
   bugs before we move the existing bugs to a non-5.0 component
   ... will only pull in specific bugs to 5.0 after that
   ... wg members should help complete the list of at risk
   features
   ... [task force work statement adjustments]

   daniel: how can i help?

   mjs: giving technical feedback; usually we start with a bug in
   bugzilla, but starting a thread on public-html also works
   ... watching the list and bugzilla for topics you're interested
   in

   rubys: the testing tf needs a lot of help

   <Zakim> rubys, you wanted to suggest
   [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

   mjs: testing is a key part of getting to rec

   plh: since we're moving to cr by the end of the year, the next
   big step is figuring out what's implemented & working on
   testing

   <plh> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/

   plh: i udpated the proposed charter based on plan 2014
   ... the plan is for us to be rechartered before the end of the
   year

   mjs: i encourage folks to look at & comment on the proposed
   charter

Task Force Reports

Accessibility Task Force

   janina: met this morning
   ... continued discussing section 7.1 hidden=""

   <adrianba> kris sent an update on the testing task force to the
   list
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2012OctDec/0007.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0007.html

   janina: that discussion has also been on list
   ... see the tf minutes
   ... fpwd from webapps of the shadow dom spec; could be relevant
   to tf work
   ... will be organizing next steps now that plan 2014 has been
   adopted
   ... continuing to look at the non-normative parts of 4.8 (what
   makes good alt text)
   ... we will be requesting a meeting within a couple of days on
   that topic

Media Task Force

   <Zakim> adrianba, you wanted to give an update

   adrianba: the tf has been continuing to meet, alternating
   between topics
   ... trying to make sure that the bugs that are being filed are
   being triaged by the editors
   ... aiming to get both of the specs into a good state before
   proposing fpwd
   ... have asked for some time at tpac
   ... by end of tpac meeting, the editors should know what work
   remains between then and fpwd
   ... next meeting will be looking at the issues open on the
   media source extensions spec

Testing Task Force

   plh: we spent last week's telcon talking about what we'll
   present at tpac
   ... we have a very small number of approved tests
   ... and a much larger number of tests that haven't been
   approved
   ... we've received several submissions from mozilla and opera
   ... some cross-origin tests, <track> tests

Other Business

   mjs: CfC on heartbeat drafts

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/006
   5.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0065.html

   scribe: CfC closes tomorrow; please comment on the list

Scribe for next meeting

   <gitbot> [html] techtoons pushed 2 new commits to html5_canvas:
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c0
   29d9

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c029d9

   <gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "removed features for
   issue-201" - Jay Munro

   <gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "add a closing comment
   where I think it belongs" - Jay Munro

   daniel: i can scribe

   mjs: thank you

Adjournment