W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-31 - issues, straw poll, re-open request, W3C system outage

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:39:49 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+eE9F15uh8jC=5BZ7wBTpOm8Cgw000vU0YuiigsD4A0Bg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>, HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
Draft minutes available at http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html.
Text follows:

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

31 May 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0024.html

Attendees

   Present

          yang, glenn, Aaron, David_Dorwin, hober, jaymunro, paulc,
Mike, +1.425.614.aaaa, Janina, Cynthia_Shelly, Clarke, [Microsoft],
eliot, +1.858.677.aabb, adrianba

   Regrets
   Chair
          paulc

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, May 31
         2. [5]New Issues This Week
         3. [6]Items Closed this Week
         4. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [9]New Calls this Week
         7. [10]New Surveys this Week
         8. [11]Decisions this Week
         9. [12]AOB
        10. [13]Scribe for Next Meeting
        11. [14]adjournment
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 31 May 2012

   <scribe> Scribe: glenn

   <Yang> hi, I am from Huawei, my name is Sun Yang,first to the
   CC, nice to meet you all, :)

   欢迎 yang, we will be starting in about 15 mins, when the chair
   joins

   <Yang> thanks a lot ,how you type "欢迎"?and the sip phone
   promote to input the number, is the tel number or conference
   code?

   <Yang> ok, I am in....

   <Yang> why appear ??p1? I have used english name in Ekiga....

   <Yang> It seems no body there

   you asked how i typed 欢迎, i said i used an IME on my Mac

   <Yang> smart

   我可以写汉字

   <Yang> how you do that? you must know how to pronouce it

   <Yang> 这么厉害,佩服佩服

   我也会说汉语

   <Yang> which company are you from?

   i represent Cox Communications in this WG

   <Yang> nice to meet you glenn, expressive, chinese seems not so
   difficult to learn

   <Yang> there is no screen sharing here, right?

   我8年的中文研究, correct, no screen sharing

   <Yang> why you study chinese? for fun?

   long story ;)

   <Yang> it seems not so many people here...

   <Yang> right, Yang from Huawei

   <paulc> Agenda:
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2012AprJun/0024.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0024.html

ACTION items due by Thursday, May 31

   ACTION-211?

   <trackbot> ACTION-211 -- Sam Ruby to ted O'Connor to write up a
   video-transcript IDref proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 --
   due 2012-05-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211

   ACTION-211: Ted O'Connor to write up a video-transcript IDref
   proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 [Sam Ruby]

   <trackbot> ACTION-211 Ted O'Connor to write up a
   video-transcript IDref proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11
   notes added

   paulc: done

   <paulc>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/015
   8.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0158.html

   paulc: this ISSUE-194 was discussed at F2F, just sent email on
   this
   ... asks ted to respond

   <paulc>
   [19]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-194

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-194

   paulc: there are two CPs listed
   ... Zero CP, then transcript attribute proposal

   believes latter will be withdrawn

   ACTION-213?

   <trackbot> ACTION-213 -- Sam Ruby to get JF to deliver a
   revised ISSUE-194 change proposal by next friday -- due
   2012-05-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213

   <paulc>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement

   scribe: a11y is working on new proposal, coming out of F2F
   ... believes both 211 and 213 are done
   ... requests ted to respond
   ... draws people's attention to ...

   <paulc>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement#
   Obsoletes_the_following_Change_Proposals:

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement#Obsoletes_the_following_Change_Proposals:

   scribe: above link
   ... obsoletes older proposal

   close ACTION-211

   <trackbot> ACTION-211 Ted O'Connor to write up a
   video-transcript IDref proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11
   closed

   close ACTION-213

   <trackbot> ACTION-213 Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-194
   change proposal by next friday closed

   janina: not fully settled on current draft, put out CfC on
   tuesday, objections from one person, thinks can address, work
   in process
   ... will wait for objection to be addressed

   paulc: will need to figure out how to carry ISSUE-194 forward

   ACTION-218?

   <trackbot> ACTION-218 -- Paul Cotton to determine day and time
   for a weekly Media teleconference -- due 2012-05-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

   ACTION-218: Determine day and time for a weekly Media
   teleconference[Paul Cotton]

   <trackbot> ACTION-218 Determine day and time for a weekly Media
   teleconference notes added

   <paulc> Done. See:
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/016
   2.html

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0162.html

   <Yang> the media meeting is for media element relative
   dicussion?

   paulc: done, and sent out message; 1100AM Eastern Time, starts
   12JUNE
   ... will work with editors to build agenda; paul and mike
   working on infra support
   ... thanks mike for heavy lifting

   close ACTION-218

   <trackbot> ACTION-218 Determine day and time for a weekly Media
   teleconference closed

   scribe: questions?
   ... survey is now public

   <paulc> See
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/016
   2.html for references to proposals and outstanding bugs

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0162.html

   yang: asked for info on purpose of media sub-group

   paulc: refers to link cited above

   ACTION-212?

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 -- Michael[tm] Smith to draft revised
   HTML WG charter for May 31 -- due 2012-05-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

   ACTION-212: Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
   [Michael[tm] Smith]

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
   notes added

   mike: needs to review minutes of F2F
   ... doesn't plan to share draft until plh looks at it, but plh
   won't return for another week

   ACTION-212: due 2012-06-14

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
   notes added

   <paulc>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/016
   0.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0160.html

   ACTION-216?

   <trackbot> ACTION-216 -- Michael Cooper to update ISSUE-199
   proposal based on Ted's -- due 2012-05-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216

   ACTION-216: Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's [Michael
   Cooper]

   <trackbot> ACTION-216 Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's
   notes added

   paulc: ted, can you review michael cooper's proposal?

   ted: will attempt to make time

   janina: thought we could get down to one proposal

   ted: needs to review to see if there is any area of
   disagreement

   paulc: would like to assign action to ted to review

   ACTION hober to Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - hober

   ACTION edward to Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - edward

   close ACTION-216

   <trackbot> ACTION-216 Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's
   closed

New Issues This Week

   none

Items Closed this Week

   none

Items Closed Last Week

   none

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-203?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-203 -- All Media Elements should have the
   ability to have both short and longer textual descriptions
   associated to the element -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

   <paulc>
   [30]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-203

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-203

   ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Write Alternate or
   Counter-Proposal closes Jun 10

   <trackbot> ISSUE-203 All Media Elements should have the ability
   to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated
   to the element notes added

New Calls this Week

   none

New Surveys this Week

   ISSUE-205?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-205 -- Define what author guidance and/or
   methods should be provided to those that wish to create
   accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. --
   open

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

   ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas - Straw Poll for Objections

   <trackbot> ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods
   should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text
   editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added

   paulc: closes end of thursday next week
   ... june 7
   ... any comments janina?

   janina: nothing to report at this time

   <MikeSmith> ACTION: member to hober to Review Michael Cooper's
   CP for ISSUE-199 [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax

Decisions this Week

   none

AOB

   31c re-open request review

   <MikeSmith> ACTION hober to Review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199

   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Ma
   y/0094.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012May/0094.html

   already there...

   <MikeSmith> ACTION: hober to Review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199a [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - hober

   paulc: 31c still pending

   HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus on Issue-204

   <MikeSmith> trackbot, reload

   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/007
   8.html

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0078.html

   janina: not at consensus yet

   <paulc>
   [36]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-204

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-204

   janina: PF has objection, late yesterday

   <paulc> see
   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/015
   6.html

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0156.html

   janina: re: 2119 normative language on UAs regarding aria
   markup
   ... doesn't know if closer to consensus or not

   paulc: see link above for the email in question

   ted: exchange was useful, getting closer to agreement, but
   nothing more specific yet

   paulc: chairs and TF coordinator met earlier this week, ball is
   in chair's court re: objections from F2F

   <MikeSmith> trackbot, init

   Update on Editor Search

   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/008
   6.html

     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0086.html

   paulc: nothing new, plh is away, continuing to work on it

   Bulk of W3C's server infrastructure is at MIT CSAIL and will be
   impacted by a planned network outage on Sat-Sun June 9-10

   <MikeSmith> ACTION: hober to review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199a [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - hober

   [40]http://tig.csail.mit.edu/wiki/TIG/2012NetworkOutage

     [40] http://tig.csail.mit.edu/wiki/TIG/2012NetworkOutage

   paulc: N.B. outage in servers noted above

Scribe for Next Meeting

   paulc: sam will be chairing

   if nobody else, i can do so

adjournment

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: hober to Review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199a [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: hober to review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199a [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: member to hober to Review Michael Cooper's CP for
   ISSUE-199 [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]


On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-05-31 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.****
>
> ** **
>
> http://timeanddate.com/s/28p4****
>
> ** **
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,****
>
> New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.****
>
> ** **
>
> Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton****
>
> Scribe:  Glenn Adams****
>
> ** **
>
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)****
>
> ** **
>
> == Agenda ==****
>
> ** **
>
> 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 31****
>
> ** **
>
> a) ACTION-211: Ted O'Connor to write up a video-transcript IDref proposal
> for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 [Sam Ruby]****
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211****
>
> ** **
>
> b) ACTION-218: Determine day and time for a weekly Media
> teleconference[Paul Cotton]****
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218****
>
> ** **
>
> c) ACTION-212: Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 [Michael[tm] Smith]
> ****
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212****
>
> ** **
>
> d) ACTION-213: Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-194 change proposal by
> next friday [Sam Ruby]****
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213****
>
> ** **
>
> e) ACTION-216: Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's [Michael Cooper]**
> **
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216****
>
> ** **
>
> 2. New Issues This Week:****
>
> None****
>
> ** **
>
> There is 1 tracker request****
>
>
> http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> 3. Items Closed Last Week****
>
> None****
>
> ** **
>
> 4. Items Closing This Week****
>
> None****
>
> ** **
>
> 5. Items Closing Next Week****
>
> ** **
>
> a) ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Write Alternate or Counter-Proposal
> closes Jun 10****
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0071.html****
>
> ** **
>
> 6. New Calls this week****
>
> None****
>
> ** **
>
> 7. New Surveys this week****
>
> ** **
>
> a) ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas - Straw Poll for Objections****
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0155.html ****
>
> ** **
>
> 8. Decisions this week****
>
> None.****
>
> ** **
>
> 9. Other Business****
>
> ** **
>
> a) 31c re-open request review****
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012May/0094.html****
>
> ** **
>
> b) HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus on Issue-204****
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0078.html ****
>
> ** **
>
> c) Update on Editor Search****
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0086.html ****
>
> ** **
>
> d) Bulk of W3C's server infrastructure is at MIT CSAIL and will be
> impacted by a planned network outage on Sat-Sun June 9-10****
>
> http://tig.csail.mit.edu/wiki/TIG/2012NetworkOutage****
>
> ** **
>
> 10. Scribe for next meeting****
>
> ** **
>
> 11. Adjournment****
>
> ** **
>
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==****
>
> ** **
>
> Zakim teleconference bridge:****
>
>   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)****
>
> ** **
>
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):****
>
>   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada****
>
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3****
>
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329****
>
> ** **
>
Received on Thursday, 31 May 2012 16:40:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:07 UTC