W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-24 - issues, task force reports

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:42:35 -0400
Message-ID: <4FBE64FB.60405@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
24 May 2012

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/24-html-wg-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           mjs

    Scribe
           rubys

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, May 24
          2. [5]New Issues This Week
          3. [6]Items Closing This Week
          4. [7]New Surveys this week
          5. [8]Decisions this week
          6. [9]Task Force Reports
          7. [10]Testing Task Force
          8. [11]Accessibility Task Force
          9. [12]Other Business
         10. [13]Scribe for next meeting
         11. [14]Adjournment
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 24 May 2012

    (12:12:33 PM) rubys: chair: mjs

    (12:12:37 PM) rubys: scribe: rubys

    (12:12:42 PM) rubys: agenda:
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
    /2012AprJun/0019.html

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0019.html

ACTION items due by Thursday, May 24

    ACTION-211?

    <trackbot> ACTION-211 -- Sam Ruby to ted O'Connor to write up a
    video-transcript IDref proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 --
    due 2012-05-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211

      [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211

    mjs: ted gave an update in email, unification with sylvia no
    longer seems like, new target end of week

    action-211 due 26 may

    <trackbot> ACTION-211 Ted O'Connor to write up a
    video-transcript IDref proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 due
    date now 26 may

    ACTION-213?

    <trackbot> ACTION-213 -- Sam Ruby to get JF to deliver a
    revised ISSUE-194 change proposal by next friday -- due
    2012-05-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213

      [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213

    mjs: looks like sylvia is drafting the proposal, but I'm not
    sure if it is complete.

    <nesta_> zakim hi

    <nesta_> ?

    janina: you are correct, proposal is nearly complete, only
    small tweaks left. Should be complete over the weekend

    action-213 due 31 may

    <trackbot> ACTION-213 Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-194
    change proposal by next friday due date now 31 may

    ACTION-218?

    <trackbot> ACTION-218 -- Paul Cotton to determine day and time
    for a weekly Media teleconference -- due 2012-05-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

      [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

    action-216?

    <trackbot> ACTION-216 -- Michael Cooper to update ISSUE-199
    proposal based on Ted's -- due 2012-05-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216

      [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216

    janina: michael and ted are playing tag...

    mjs: target?

    janina: next week

    action-216 due 31 may

    <trackbot> ACTION-216 Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's
    due date now 31 may

    ACTION-218?

    <trackbot> ACTION-218 -- Paul Cotton to determine day and time
    for a weekly Media teleconference -- due 2012-05-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

      [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/013
    5.html

      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0135.html

    <paulc> [23]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/html-media/results

      [23] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/html-media/results

    paulc: about 2 dozen responses so far
    ... survey is open to non-wg members in the hopes of soliciting
    new members. Mike has confirmed that some Japanese based
    companies have responded
    ... the survey pre-computes the most likely candidate
    ... once it closes the chairs will have to evaluate the
    response
    ... it seems to be working

    <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to comment on survey results

    mike: I wanted to make sure that some people in Japan were able
    to respond, and the two people I wanted to respond did
    ... there is no good time... it looks like the way the survey
    responses are leading it will end up in the middle of the night
    in Australia and new zealand
    ... not sure how strong sylvia's desire is to call in
    ... just wanted to make sure that everybody had a chance to
    respond

    janina: we handled this pain by asking europe to do late
    evening and that permitted australia to participate in early
    morning

    paulc: that time (2100 UTC) is 3rd and 6th place; thanks to
    mike to fixing the survey
    ... I sent a reminder to the htmlwg list, I'll go ahead and
    forward it to the a11y list

New Issues This Week

    mjs: none
    ... we continue to have one tracker request; that request is
    likely to turn into a LC2 issue
    ... Items Closed Last Week

    issue-205?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-205 -- Define what author guidance and/or
    methods should be provided to those that wish to create
    accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. --
    open

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

      [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

    mjs: I don't recall whether we got an update to it
    ... the chairs will look into that. questions/comments?

Items Closing This Week

    none

    topic New Calls this week

    mjs: none

New Surveys this week

    mjs: none

Decisions this week

    mjs: none

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force

    mjs: kris replied by email that he is not available this week
    ... anybody else with an update?

Accessibility Task Force

    janina: we've discussed some of this in action items previously
    in this meeting
    ... 204 is out of our bailiwick
    ... we are continuing to work on a reopen request for meta
    generator 31c... actively worked on... judy was sick over the
    weekend, may go into next week

    mike: that covers it

    mjs: questions?

Other Business

    issue-204?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
    that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

      [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

    mjs: some updates have been made since the agenda was posted
    ... ted looked at the 204 proposal, and opened up a thread with
    jonas
    ... jonas has suggested a few changes, as has ted
    ... haven't yet seen responses to ted and jonas's responses
    ... benjamin has responded... we are also interested in what
    the a11y tf thinks

    janina: was the a11y tf cc'ed?

    mjs: it looks like jonas's comment was cc'ed others dropped the
    a11y list

    paulc: I'll forward the thread

    mjs: any other comments on issue-204?

    <glenn> i can scribe

Scribe for next meeting

    paulc: my turn to chair

    mjs: thanks glenn!

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 24 May 2012 16:43:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC