W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2012

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:58:25 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, "John Foliot (john@foliot.ca)" <john@foliot.ca>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, announce <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>, "Edward O'Connor (ted@oconnor.cx)" <ted@oconnor.cx>
Message-ID: <OF2179A067.DFA27399-ON86257A00.006A6E04-86257A00.006DB839@us.ibm.com>

Sam,

Regarding Action item 217 this was an updated change proposal that as far
as I know all I need to do is merge use cases from the WhatWG WIKI for the
change proposal I submitted in December. What is new is that there are real
world use cases of canvas being used for rich text editing. That said, I am
on vacation tomorrow through May 27. I can do that update for June 8. To my
knowledge neither Frank nor Ted were involved with that action item so I am
confused about their inclusion.

The other item for which I don't believe an action item was assigned was
for Frank, Ted, and I to produce a combined change proposal between Frank
and Ted's. Frank is building that combined proposal and there are s few
outstanding items that need to be addressed in the combined proposal:

   Removal of Ellipses as this was not a concensus decision
   Provide a vehicle for an accessibility test tool to walk the lightweight
   JSON objects in Ted's proposal. I suggested some API additions for this.
   Since the lightweight JSON objects are based on a JavaScript Dictionary
   we need to define what ARIA properties can be applied.
   Define hit testing procedure as lightweight components add a level of
   complexity

Ted has been traveling so we have not heard from him on these points and
can't give you a completion date as of yet.

Please make sure this information is included in tomorrow's meeting.

Rich


Rich Schwerdtfeger



From:	Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
To:	announce <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>,
Cc:	"John Foliot (john@foliot.ca)" <john@foliot.ca>, "Edward
            O'Connor (ted@oconnor.cx)" <ted@oconnor.cx>, Richard
            Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>,
            Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date:	05/16/2012 10:13 AM
Subject:	{agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and
            other business



The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2012-05-17 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/28e8

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 17

a) ACTION-210: Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-204 change proposal by
    next friday [Sam Ruby]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/210

b) ACTION-211: Ted O'Connor to write up a video-transcript IDref
    proposal for ISSUE-194 by Fri May 11 [Sam Ruby]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/211

c) ACTION-213: Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-194 change proposal by
    next friday [Sam Ruby]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/213

d) ACTION-217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank)
    ISSUE-201 CP [Richard Schwerdtfeger]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

e) ACTION-216: Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's [Michael Cooper]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/216

f) ACTION-218: Determine day and time for a weekly Media teleconference
    [Paul Cotton]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/218

2. New Issues This Week:

    None

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) ISSUE-184: data-element, Revise Change Proposals closed May 11
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0010.html
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0077.html

4. Items Closing This Week

a) ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Revise Change Proposals closes May 17
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0208.html

5. Items Closing Next Week

    None

6. New Calls this week

    None

7. New Surveys this week

    None

8. Decisions this week

    None

9. Other Business

a) 31c re-open request review
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012May/0094.html

b) HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus on Issue-204
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0079.html

c) Update on Editor Search
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0086.html

10. Scribe for next meeting

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80





graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

Received on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 20:00:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC