W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-11-17: action, issue, and task force updates

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:22:15 -0500
Message-ID: <4EC542C7.5030403@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

17 Nov 2011

Attendees

    Present
           dsinger, kimberly, Sam, Janina_Sajka, Julian, Radhika_Roy,
           eliot, krisk, Mike, +1.417.671.aabb, Cynthia_Shelly

    Regrets
    Chair
           rubys

    Scribe
           rubys

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]ACTION items due by Thursday, November 17
          2. [4]New Issues This Week
          3. [5]Items Closed Last Week
          4. [6]Items Closing This Week
          5. [7]Items Closing Next Week
          6. [8]New Calls this week
          7. [9]New Surveys this week
          8. [10]Decisions this week
          9. [11]Testing Task Force
         10. [12]Accessibility Task Force
         11. [13]Other Business
         12. [14]time, date, and pubdate
         13. [15]Scribe for next meeting
         14. [16]Adjournment
      * [17]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

ACTION items due by Thursday, November 17

    action-205?

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Paul Cotton to contact the TAG [noah, jeni]
    to find out the status of the html data tf -- due 2011-11-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/205

      [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/205

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-205: Contact the TAG [noah, jeni] to find
    out the status of the html data tf - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    close action-205

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 Contact the TAG [noah, jeni] to find out the
    status of the html data tf closed

    ACTION-208?

    <trackbot> ACTION-208 -- Michael[tm] Smith to sync up with Peter St.
    Andre on URL processing draft and report back in two weeks -- due
    2011-11-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/208

      [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/208

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-208: Sync up with Peter St. Andre on URL
    processing draft and report back in two weeks - HTML Weekly Tracker
    (at www.w3.org)

    mike: we are still working on this, I'll change the due date. We
    have a call set up with the i18n working group for next week

    action-208 due in 2 weeks

    <trackbot> ACTION-208 Sync up with Peter St. Andre on URL processing
    draft and report back in two weeks due date now in 2 weeks

New Issues This Week

    rubys: there are none

Items Closed Last Week

    issue-179?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
    equivalent) -- open

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

      [33] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or
    equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    action-207?

    <trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal
    for av_param is still active -- due 2011-12-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

      [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for
    av_param is still active - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    issue-133?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a
    modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

    <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

      [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to
    indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly
    Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    rubys: we haven't declared consensus yet, no objections but no
    consensus

    ISSUE-164?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

    <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

      [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly
    Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    rubys: call for consensus failed, we have a number of proposals

    ISSUE-170

    rubys: the next step is for the chairs to review the proposals

Items Closing This Week

    rubys: there are none

Items Closing Next Week

    issue-174?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link>
    semantics -- open

    <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

      [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and
    semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    rubys: we have yet to receive a counter proposal

    issue-181?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation --
    raised

    <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

      [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link
    relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    rubys: we have yet to receive a proposal

New Calls this week

    rubys: none

New Surveys this week

    rubys: none

Decisions this week

    rubys: none

Testing Task Force

    <krisk> Group met as planned on Nov 15th, we meet again on 29th

    <krisk> Meeting notes ->
    [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011No
    v/0018.html

      [39] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Nov/0018.html

    <pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda
    11/15/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-11-17
    (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    <krisk> HTML5 bidi test submissions - new activity
    [40]http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/html5bidi/br/br-bidi.h
    tml

      [40] 
http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/html5bidi/br/br-bidi.html

    <pimpbot> Title: HTML Test: BR separates bidi paragraph (at
    w3c-test.org)

    <krisk> Discussion about ES5 dependant changes made to
    testharness.js

    <krisk> need to get clarity from 'fritz' on his push back

    <krisk> ...really this is to support webidl testing

    <krisk> One new bug file on a canvas
    ([41]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14421)

      [41] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14421)

    <pimpbot> 1114421: benwells, P2, NEW, 13Possible error in canvas
    Philip test 2d.path.stroke.prune.arc

Accessibility Task Force

    mike: the biggest thing is needing to progress on LongDesc

    rubys: the next step is for chairs to provide written feedback to
    the remaining two proposals, after which there will be an
    opportunity for the authors of the various proposals to make final
    updates. If two or more proposals still remain, the next step would
    be a survey

Other Business

    [42]http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-19.html

      [42] http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-19.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-11-07 -
    2011-11-13 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

time, date, and pubdate

    [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0094.htm
    l

      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0094.html

    <pimpbot> Title: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for
    HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1) from Tantek Çelik on 2011-11-10
    (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    rubys: it was hoped that we would find that on at least one of those
    issues we would not find contention, but at the present time it
    looks like there will be contention on all three
    ... people interested in the topic should join the discussion on the
    list

Scribe for next meeting

    rubys: any volunteers?
    ... we should not have a meeting on thanksgiving, so the next
    meeting would be december 1st.

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 17 November 2011 17:22:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC