W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-14: Issue status, Priority requests, Decisions, WD publication

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:41:16 -0400
Message-ID: <4E1F1C2C.30501@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Minutes for the meeting can be found at 
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/14-html-wg-minutes.html and are included below:


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

14 Jul 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0002.html

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           Paul Cotton

    Scribe
           rubys

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]1. ACTION items due by Thursday, July 14
          2. [5]2. New Issues This Week
          3. [6]3. Priority Requests
          4. [7]4. Items Closed Last Week
          5. [8]5. Items Closing This Week
          6. [9]6. Items Closing Next Week
          7. [10]7. New Calls this week
          8. [11]8. New Surveys this week
          9. [12]Decisions this week
         10. [13]9. Other Business
         11. [14]10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting
         12. [15]11. Adjournment
      * [16]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13237] inconsistency in event name
    convention - DOMContentLoaded
    <11[17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0467.html>

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0467.html

    <CIA-1> html-spec: 03ianh@340c8d12-0b0e-0410-8428-c7bf67bfef74 *
    a818b69fe547 r6294 10/ (index complete.html source): [giow] (0)
    Clarify that multiple added/removed streams are coalesced into one
    offer.

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12241] Should form="" always make the input
    unassociated?
    <11[18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0468.html>

      [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0468.html

    <asdf> hola

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12999] Allow nodefault="" on <menu
    type=context>
    <11[19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0474.html> 4** [Bug 12999] Allow nodefault="" on <menu
    type=context>
    <11[20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0473.html> 4** [Bug 13239] New: Add support for in-page dialogs
    <11[21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0472.html> 4** [Bug 13238] New: Need an intro se

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0474.html
      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0473.html
      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0472.html

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13241] New: Update x-spec links
    <11[22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0477.html> 4** [Bug 13240] New: Consider replacing <time> with
    <data>
    <11[23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0476.html> 4** [Bug 12999] Allow nodefault="" on <menu
    type=context>
    <11[24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0475.html>

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0477.html
      [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0476.html
      [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0475.html

    <pimpbot> planet: Planet Opera: Choose Opera: Emberwind, a HTML5
    masterpiece
    <11[25]http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/show.dml/32143252>

      [25] http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/show.dml/32143252

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12442] I think that for the first level of
    article h1 {…}, the size should be left as normal.
    <11[26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0478.html>

      [26] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0478.html

    <CIA-1> validator: 03Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> * 63404d3d3d8f
    r655 10syntax/relaxng/datatype/java/src/org/whattf/datatype/
    (LinkRel.java ARel.java MetaName.java): Refresh registry data

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13242] New: I'm wondering if PopStateEvent
    interface should contain information about which "direction" the
    history traversion is done.
    <11[27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0479.html>

      [27] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0479.html

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13243] New: copy/paste of titles in reopen
    section
    <11[28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0480.html>

      [28] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0480.html

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13244] New: Unresolved internal links in v2
    of decision policy
    <11[29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0481.html>

      [29] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0481.html

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13240] Consider replacing <time> with <data>
    <11[30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0482.html>

      [30] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0482.html

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11829] parts of default stylesheet setting
    unicode-bidi and direction should be normative
    <11[31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0484.html> 4** [Bug 13247] New: "One link element can create
    multiple links" -- Can you please supply an example? I can't find
    one in the spec or online. Thanks.
    <11[32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Jul/0483.html>

      [31] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0484.html
      [32] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0483.html

    <mjs> good morning everyone

    <hober> good morning

    trackbot, start meeting

    <trackbot> Date: 14 July 2011

    <kimberlyblessing> good afternoon :)

    <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-14: Issue status,
    Priority requests, Decisions, WD publication from Paul Cotton on
    2011-07-13 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September
    2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    <paulc> is Zakim working today?

    <scribe> scribenick: rubys

    <paulc> Good morning Sam.

    <paulc> issue-001?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-1 -- hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP
    method -- closed

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/1

      [33] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/1

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-1: hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe
    HTTP method - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <eliot> i'm listening ;-)

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, July 14

    paulc: there are none

2. New Issues This Week

    paulc: there are none

3. Priority Requests

    paulc: we have two

    [34]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176

      [34] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176

    <pimpbot> 1113176: schwer, P1, NEW, 13The bounds of canvas fallback
    content, as rendered on the canvas, are not provided by the user
    agent to an assistive technology.

    [35]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181

      [35] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181

    <pimpbot> 1113181: schwer, P1, NEW, 13Canvas does not allow mouse
    events to be directed to keyboard accessible objects in fallback
    content

    paulc: both are related to canvas accessibility and current
    discussion
    ... we will watch for progress over the near term

4. Items Closed Last Week

    ISSUE-151?

    [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0093.htm
    l

      [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0093.html

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151 whatwg-references - Chairs Solicit
    Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Sam Ruby on 2011-06-07
    (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    paulc: we received at least one counter proposal

    ISSUE-165?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

    <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

      [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker
    (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: we received a change proposal and we've done a call for
    counters
    ... the date in the status page for 165 is incorrect

    issue-134?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
    command elements respectively -- open

    <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

      [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
    and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    paulc: we've received some late commentary on this, we will discuss
    how to move this forward after this call
    ... in this case, people missed not only the date for amicable
    resolution, but also the date for counter-proposals.
    ... missing dates has to have consequences

    issue-150?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking
    about code points -- open

    <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

      [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking
    about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: we received an email on that one as well (from Ted)
    ... this note doesn't cause any change in status for this decision
    ... sam and I have begun discussions on setting a deadline for
    implementing decisions

5. Items Closing This Week

    paulc: there are none

6. Items Closing Next Week

    paulc: there are none

7. New Calls this week

    issue-165?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

      [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker
    (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: alternate or counter proposals are due Aug 9

8. New Surveys this week

    paulc: there are none. The chairs have begun to review change
    proposals.
    ... in particular, the chairs are looking to ensure that change
    proposals are well formed and implementable

Decisions this week

    issue-134?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
    command elements respectively -- open

    <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

      [41] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
    and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    paulc: the change proposal needs to be implemented

    issue-150?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking
    about code points -- open

    <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

      [42] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking
    about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: this change proposal needs to be implemented as well

9. Other Business

    paulc: a) Status of publication of "author-only" view Working Draft,
    Mike Smith

    mike: this item is blocked by disagreement within the W3C team on
    document type; awaiting time with the director (likely not until the
    end of the month)
    ... most likely this document will not be published until the
    beginning of August

    paulc: should we respond to Maciej's note of June 21st?

    mike: that would be great

    paulc: I can do that

    <paulc>
    [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.htm
    l

      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as
    First Public Working Draft from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-22
    (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    <paulc> I will respond setting a ETA of early August.

    paulc: comments?
    ... b) Discontinuation of Zakim phone numbers in UK and FR

    [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0186.htm
    l

      [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0186.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Fwd: Discontinuing UK and FR dial-in numbers for
    Zakim from Sam Ruby on 2011-07-11 (public-html@w3.org from July
    2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    paulc: the email is self explanatory....
    ... questions and concerns should be sent do chairs and team
    members...

10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

    paulc: Maciej is up to chair...
    ... volunteers to scribe

    ted: I can scribe

    paulc: thank you very much!

11. Adjournment
Received on Thursday, 14 July 2011 16:41:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC