W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2009

minutes for 2009-10-15 HTML WG telcon

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:15:50 +0900
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-ID: <20091016041549.GD12970@sideshowbarker>
http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-html-wg-minutes.html

   Present
          +1.408.398.aaaa, +1.831.454.aabb, dsinger, [Microsoft],
          +1.715.718.aacc, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Plh, Eliot_Graff,
          Julian, Manu, Shepazu, gsnedders, adrianba, travil, tross,
          krisk, Sam, +049699435aaff, MikeSmith, kliehm, cardona507,
          +1.415.595.aagg, Radhika_Roy, Rich, Cynthia_Shelly, Laura,
          Cooper, annevk2, Dzung_Tran

   Chair: Paul Cotton
   Scribe: manu

     * Topics
         1. Action Items
         2. Agenda Item 2
         3. Document Last Call process
         4. Item C - Action-150 create bugzilla entry
         5. Call for VOlunteers for Test and Accessibility TF
         6. Plans for F2F meeting
         7. Joint Meetings
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action Items

   Paul: Agenda Item 1a
   ... Issue 07 ACTION 130

   <rubys>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009
   OctDec/0004.html

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009OctDec/0004.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task
   Forces, F2F meeting plans from Dave Singer on 2009-10-14
   (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from October to December 2009) (at
   lists.w3.org)

   <paulc> Status report on 1a:
   tp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009OctDec
   /0004.html

   Paul: David mentioned no progress and that we extend this 2 weeks.

   David: haven't achieved anything reportable, but am spending alot of
   time on this

   <paulc> David is making progress but does not have something to
   report yet.

   David: Lots of meetings, talking with lots of people.

   <cardona507> :)

   Paul: Let's be more accurate with 2 weeks...

   David: Why don't we defer this and discuss where we are at the F2F?

   Paul: that would be November 5th

   <Laura> +Laura

   <rubys> action-130 is due in 3 weeks

   <MikeSmith> action-130 due 2009-11-05

   <trackbot> ACTION-130 Review status of video codec positions due
   date now 2009-11-05

   Paul: Moving on to agendum 1b
   ... In v2 of the agenda, I pointed at Larry's update - there was a
   meeting
   ... He is making some progress, he agreed that we could just extend
   this item.

   <paulc> Larry's report:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0433.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0433.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Regrets for tomorrow; URL/IRI progress,
   ISSUE-56/ACTION-37 from Larry Masinter on 2009-10-14
   (public-html@w3.org from October 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

   Paul: Any objection to extending this by two weeks?

   <paulc> action-137 is due in 2 weeks

   <paulc> action-137 due in 2 weeks

   <trackbot> ACTION-137 Update IRI spec based on comments to
   Public-IRI (Including those from HTML-WG members), due date now in 2
   weeks

   Paul: item C, Action-138
   ... Steven says that we have an agreement to file bugs once the
   Accessibility Task Force is engaged.
   ... I propose that we extend this action two weeks out
   ... There is an agendum on the task force

   <paulc> action-138 due in 2 weeks

   <trackbot> ACTION-138 Produce a matrix based on Henri's work due
   date now in 2 weeks

   Paul: item D, Action-139, Manu took the action to discuss this on
   the mailing list

   <paulc> Manu's email:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0420.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0420.html

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into
   separate specification from Manu Sporny on 2009-10-14
   (public-html@w3.org from October 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

   <mjs> there's noise on the line

   <paulc> action-139 due in 1 week

   <trackbot> ACTION-139 Propose 3 separate HTML5 drafts and the
   external Microdata draft due date now in 1 week

   Manu: Discussion is ongoing

   <taf2> is Zakim a bot?

   <rubys> taf2: yes

Agenda Item 2

   Paul: How do we generate official Working Draft responses
   ... Working on documents we might want to review... opened a call
   for volunteers to review MathML 3.0

   <paulc> call for volunteers:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0475.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0475.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Call for Volunteers: Review of MathML 3.0 Last Call
   from Paul Cotton on 2009-10-15 (public-html@w3.org from October
   2009) (at lists.w3.org)

   <paulc> to review the MathML 3.0 spec

   Paul: Last week, when we talked about this - we might want to create
   an issue to switch MathML from v2.0 to v3.0
   ... Getting link to the bug 7848...

   <pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7848
   pcotton@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, 13MathML version used in HTML5

      http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7848

   <paulc> action-127 due in 1 week

   <trackbot> ACTION-127 establish process for "official WG response"
   to other WG's RFC on LC drafts due date now in 1 week

   Paul: Making progress on this item, we can continue to extend it...
   looking for volunteers to address this bug

Document Last Call process

   <pimpbot> Title: Teleconference cheat sheet - Protocols and Formats
   Working Group Wiki (at www.w3.org)

   Paul: Give us an update, Maciej

   Maciej: The last call comment process
   ... we published a draft for discussion... there was good
   feedback... changes were made.

   <adrianba>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0341.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0341.html

   Maciej: fixed a few issues... one significant comment still
   outstanding.

   <pimpbot> Title: RE: [minutes] 20091008 HTML Working Group call from
   Adrian Bateman on 2009-10-12 (public-html@w3.org from October 2009)
   (at lists.w3.org)

   Maciej: from Adrian Bateman.
   ... I'd like to continue the action until next week.

   <paulc> action-141 due in 1 week

   <trackbot> ACTION-141 Document Last Call comment process due date
   now in 1 week

   Paul: Once we get a revised version, we should get a call for
   consensus.

   Manu: I was asked to do a Change Proposal, what should I do?

   Maciej: You can volunteer to do a CP before the document has a call
   for consensus.

   Manu: I'll write up a change proposal.

   Maciej: The contents of Manu's proposal doesn't have everything that
   we'd ask to have in a Change Proposal.

   <mjs>
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#cha
   nge-proposal

      http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

   Maciej: There are 4 things that we ask to be in a CP
   ... Indication on how baseline spec was changed.
   ... Rationale... and impact statement.

   Cynthia: Is there any place to host a change request at this point?
   ... How should we submit change proposals?

   Maciej: I'll try and set up a namespace on the HTML WG wiki for
   this, to make the process easier... But you can also send it as an
   email or an attachment.

   Cynthia: Comments about process itself.... on PF call, question came
   up about the one month deadline.
   ... how does this work with a backlog of issues?

   Maciej: We are not sending a call for volunteers for the entire
   backlog of issues to ensure that the list doesn't get swamped

   Paul: So, the 30-day date only starts once somebody volunteers to do
   the task.

   Cynthia: Once an issue has been escalated and had a WG decision.
   ... Once there is consensus, is there a deadline for the editor to
   make the change?

   Paul: Don't think so, Maciej?

   Maciej: We can't exit last call until all comments are addressed...
   so it behooves the editor to address all LC comments.

   Paul: If the editorial team can't keep up, that's a problem.

   Maciej: It depends on the nature of the change proposal.

   Cynthia: I'm concerned that editorial changes may get preference
   based on the editor's preferences.

   Paul: If that becomes an issue, you should approach the chairs.
   ... There are ways the chairs could mitigate the issue.

   Maciej: I agree.

   Paul: Adrian's issue is still outstanding, we'll leave the e-mail
   discussion open until next week
   ... Item C - Action-150 create bugzilla entry

Item C - Action-150 create bugzilla entry

   Paul: Manu created this bug as requested.
   ... Maciej asked that the bug become split into separate issues.
   ... The discussion could continue on the HTML WG.

   Maciej: It's better to file issues as separate bug reports.
   ... My comments are just a suggestion...
   ... We should close the action... up to Manu how he should proceed.

   <paulc> close action-150

   <trackbot> ACTION-150 Create a bugzilla entry on head/@profile
   closed

   Manu: I'm concerned with how we deal with the issues as a FPWD.

Call for VOlunteers for Test and Accessibility TF

   Paul: We're trying to find volunteers right now

Plans for F2F meeting

   Paul: Web poll has said that we might have 25 people + observers in
   the room
   ... We originally reserved the room for 15... how do we have a large
   enough room?
   ... Chairs should take an action to address this issue, if it is an
   issue
   ... don't know how many people have registered as potential
   observers?

   <kliehm> I regret I can't attend TPAC. :-(

   Snedders: We had as many observers as working group members last
   years - around 25 members, 25 observers.

   <MichaelC> Registrants for HTML:
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC09/registrants#html

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC09/registrants#html

   Paul: We might encourage some to attend through Thurs/Friday - we
   should make sure we get the right size of room.

   Cynthia: Room last year worked pretty well last year.
   ... a rectangle of tables, and 4-5 rows of seats at the back

   Michael: We have 40-60 people... should work with Mike and Susan to
   make sure the room is big enough.

   Paul: I'll make sure that I and the other chairs take care of
   this...

Joint Meetings

   Paul: Two joint meetings planned
   ... First is with TC-39
   ... Common topics are more interesting to WebApps than us.
   ... That's on Friday
   ... TAG has approached the co-chairs about scheduling joint meeting
   between TAG and HTML WG
   ... They have a slot after lunch on Thursday

   Maciej: The format of the meeting itself...
   ... We haven't decided on a format yet...
   ... we're trying to use the 'unconference' style for the meeting -
   BarCamp style
   ... short statement introducing the meeting
   ... short 5-10 minute lightning presentation or presenting a
   breakout session
   ... straw poll of attendees, schedule sessions on the fly
   ... this will work well because people can focus on the areas that
   they are interested in.
   ... it will help more people attend things they are more interested
   in.
   ... smaller groups will be more successful at discussing items.
   ... video element came out of last years TPAC using this approach.

   <paulc> ACTION: Maciej to outline unconference format for F2F
   meeting - 1 week [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-153 - Outline unconference format for F2F
   meeting - 1 week [on Maciej Stachowiak - due 2009-10-22].

   Paul: We need to give you an action to get this format out in from
   of the working group.
   ... Next week we anticipate a call for topics.

   <annevk2> unconference++

   <gsnedders> (Mini-sessions basically didn't happen last year, FWIW)

   <mjs> this was at TPAC 2 year's ago, for the record

   <mjs> that we did the unconference style

   <paulc> ACTION: paulc (or Mike smith) to check on room size and
   number - 1 week [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-154 - (or Mike smith) to check on room
   size and number - 1 week [on Paul Cotton - due 2009-10-22].

   Anne: We may want to have multiple groups of 10 people be in
   separate rooms.

   Paul: We'll see if we can get a large room that we can divide.
   ... Mike and I will look into that... any other comments on F2F
   meeting.

   <annevk2> ACTION-154?

   <trackbot> ACTION-154 -- Paul Cotton to (or Mike smith) to check on
   room size and number - 1 week -- due 2009-10-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/154

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/154

   <paulc> Scribe for next week?

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-154 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   Paul: Any scribe for next week?
   ... Maciej is up for chairing next week.
   ... Any objection to adjourning.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Maciej to outline unconference format for F2F meeting
   - 1 week [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: paulc (or Mike smith) to check on room size and number
   - 1 week [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2009/10/15-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]


-- 
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/
Received on Friday, 16 October 2009 05:08:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC