Re: question re: <li> test -- CR vs. Nightly

On 01/18/2013 06:49 PM, Dzenana Trenutak wrote:

> At the moment, I have a question re: a difference between the CR draft
> and the Nightly on a "grouping" element -  for <li>, CR contains this
> note that was removed from Nightly:  "Note:  If the li element is the
> child of a menu element and itself has a child that defines a command,
> then the li element will match the :enabled and :disabled
> pseudo-classes in the same way as the first such child element does."
> Is it likely that this will be removed from the CR draft as well, or
> should I go ahead to test this statement?

Since that statement is a "note" it is non-normative and so can't be the
basis for a test (of course, one would expect a combination of normative
statements elsewhere in the spec to imply that the note is true,
otherwise there's a bug in the spec).

In this case, the <menu> functionality has recently been redesigned, and
no one has shown any interest in implementing the old design, so this is
not worth writing tests for.