Re: Migrate your submissions

On 22/12/2012 01:21, Kris Krueger wrote:
> Though do note that the HTML5 spec has no normative references to how
> mathml actually renders. The spec only covers the parsing of MathML.

Yes but same is true of svg and most of html. There was talk about
having some wording in the test suite such that some tests were only
relevant to visual rendering agents. Something is wrong with the test
regime if it is possible for an application to pass the test suite
100% that just parses a document and does not process the parsed tree at
all.

Microsoft submitted (and had approved)

/html/tests/submission/Microsoft/foreigncontent/foreign_content_001.html

which is a manual test with instructions

> Test passes if a green rectangle is visible on the page below this
> line.

I have no problem with such tests being moved or marked with metadata to
say that they are applicable to rendering agents only, but it seems
reasonable to test if an SVG rect element produces a rectangle and it
similarly seems reasonable to test that a MathML mfrac produces one
number above another with a line between. I am just asking for
clarification of whether such metadata is in fact needed before I
generate any more tests for the MathML part of the platform.

David